Sunday, August 3, 2008

Live OneCare and other useful security suites

I'm currently running a 90-day trial version of Windows Live OneCare, a great security suite, which, by the way, that's how software companies present nowadays anti-spyware, antivirus, performance tune-up and backup and restore software in one single package. I decided to give it a try after using other great security suites like System Mechanic, which I dumped after realizing that the (old) version I was running was giving me the infamous "rundll32 has stopped working" and the venerable ZoneAlarm (which I used for many years as Windows XP user). I totally forgot about Norton whatever because I found it very intrusive and disruptive, only because I was a fan of Norton Utilities from the times of DOS and then Windows 95. In this day and age you definitely need all these tools by the very nature of the Internet and the fact that we live in an interconnected world with pirates and crooks lurking around.

No comments: